Saturday, April 13, 2013

Thoughts From a Funeral

This morning I listened as a dear friend said the prayer starting the funeral service for the babe she carried 39 weeks. Rather than resentment, fear, and anger, she expressed faith filled gratitude for the Lord's mercy and wisdom and humbly asked for strength from the atonement of Jesus Christ. I also saw the fulfillment of scripture as her husband spoke about this unbearable burden becoming bearable through the grace of God (Mosiah 24:15). It is only through the atonement of Jesus Christ that a death of a child becomes an edifying experience. I now better understand what is thought in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." May we turn to our Father in Heaven in both life and death to find peace that is not of this world. (this was a facebook post that I wanted to keep)

No comments:

Post a Comment